How to Wash and Care for Ethical Cashmere Knitwear
So you’ve bought yourself a cashmere sweater? Now what? How do you wash and care for it? Owning high quality cashmere may seem daunting when it comes to the care process, but in reality it is uncomplicated.
At Linnea Lund we are very proud of the quality of our threads used to make our cashmere products, their complete traceability and the fact that they are handmade in traditional Italian workshops. After the long and careful work put into the creation and craftsmanship of one of our items, it is essential to care for it correctly so that it may last you years to come.
How to Wash Cashmere:
- Let your cashmere soak up in water for 20 minutes maximum using a suitable detergent. We recommend using our organic sugar scented cashmere detergent. Gently scrub the underarms and the tips of the sleeves (as well as any stains there may be).
- Quickly hand-dry the cashmere knit without wringing it too much and lay it on a towel.
- Roll the towel up by trapping the knit inside and let it get rid of the remaining water.
- Leave it to dry flat, away from light and heat.
- Slip your cashmere knit in a laundry bag (such as a pillow case, make sure there is no zipper or button and close it with a rubber band) to avoid any damage from the drum.
- Add detergent suitable for cashmere. We recommend using our organic sugar scented cashmere detergent.
- Set a delicate, cold-wash or 30°C max wool program, with a max 600 spin speed, with no wringing cycle.
- Lay your cashmere knit flat on a towel, away from any light or heat source.
How to look after your Cashmere knits:
- Wash your cashmere after every couple of wears and let it air between each use
- Use a cashmere comb for lint, hair, and dust removal between wearing and washing.
- Use a detergent suitable for wool (the one we’ve come up with is perfect!)
- Never add softener
- Cold-wash or max 30°C
- When drying, always lay your cashmere flat on a towel
- Iron it at a low temperature and put lots of steam. If you have any doubt, the best method is to slip in a wet cloth between your iron and your knit.
- Keep your cashmere folded and not hung to maintain its cut.
Follow all instructions and recommendations to have your beautiful cashmere last you an eternity! For any other questions about how to care for your cashmere, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.