Food Fridays : Blåbarsrutor
Welcome to this week’s episode of Linnea Lund’s Food Fridays where every Friday we share one of our favorite Swedish dishes for you and your loved ones to try out at home. Every day should be a time for sharing and exchanging recipes and traditions with family, friends and colleagues. This is why we want to share a little of our Swedish culture with you!
Today’s recipe is for Blåbärsrutor; a refreshingly sweet blueberry pie! This recipe is buttery and sure to melt in your mouth. Cafe Suedois gave us their recipes to share with you so that you may enjoy these from the comfort of your own home. If you are in Paris and aren’t much of a baker we recommend that you stop by Cafe Suedois and try theirs instead!
Bake a batch and share the sweetness. This is an easy recipe and perfect to impress your friends and colleagues!
▢ 130.25 g flour
▢ 150 g butter cut into small cubes
▢ 26 g sugar
▢ 1 tsp vanilla sugar
▢ 3 eggs
▢ 104 g of sugar
▢ 52 g flour
▢ Icing sugar
- Preheat your oven to 175 degrees
- Line a rectangular pan (20 x 25 cm) with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, cut the butter into pieces and add the flour, sugar and vanilla sugar; work the ingredients with your fingers.
- Mix all the ingredients together until you have a smooth dough.
- Then, by hand and with the help of a little flour, spread the dough in the pan and pre-bake for 15 minutes.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until white and fluffy.
- Fold in the flour.
- Pour the cream on the pre-baked bottom. Add blueberries on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the bottom of your oven.
- Let the pie rest in the pan for twelve hours.
- Before serving the pie, remove it from the pan and cut it into squares which you may sprinkle with powdered sugar.