Food Fridays : Syltkakor
Welcome to this week’s episode of Linnea Lund’s Food Fridays where every Friday we share one of our favorite Swedish dishes for you and your loved ones to try out at home. Every day should be a time for sharing and exchanging recipes and traditions with family, friends and colleagues. This is why we want to share a little of our Swedish culture with you!
Today’s recipe is for Charlotte’s favorite Swedish cookies as they remind her of home. We’ve obtained the recipes to share with you so that you may enjoy these from the comfort of your own home. If you are in Paris and aren’t much of a baker we recommend that you stop by Cafe Suedois and try theirs instead.
Bake a batch and share the sweetness. This is an easy recipe and perfect to impress your friends and colleagues!
▢ 270 g sifted all-purpose flour
▢ 200 g unsoftened & unsalted butter
▢ 65 g caster sugar
▢ 1 tsp vanilla sugar
▢ 105 g preferred jam
▢ extra powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 175°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl cream the butter, caster sugar, and vanilla sugar until it is light and fluffy.
- Add flour bit by bit and mix thoroughly.
- Roll dough into walnut-sized balls and place on a greased cookie sheet. (We love to experiment with shapes!)
- Make a nice indentation on top of each cookie and put a little bit of jelly or jam into each indentation.
- Bake for at least 15 minutes or until pale golden yellow.
- Let cool and sift powdered sugar over them.